Newsletter Signup

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

How to Host Bees

It's Easy to Host Bees

Rent Mason Bees is the only company in the country that brings gardeners and farmers together with our bee rental program. Our rental program works by finding hosts who will hang up a bee house in their yards and gardens. Mason and leafcutter bees are exceptional pollinators, so your plants and surrounding habitat will be enriched and grow stronger.

When you rent from us, you don't have to worry about the fall harvest and cleaning the cocoons or nesting blocks. When the developing bees have built their protective cocoons, you mail your nesting blocks back to Rent Mason Bees. Our team then eliminates all the predators by cleaning each mason bee cocoon and sterilizing all the nesting blocks. We then safely store them in hibernation over winter.

The following year, healthy solitary bees are sent to farmers to pollinate crops such as apple, blueberry, pear, cherry and almonds. We send over 95% of our bees to farmers across the United States to help them pollinate and grow more food. The remaining 5% of our bees are used in our backyard hosting program. The results are: your garden gets pollinated, healthy bees are put back into the ecosystem and you help farmers produce more food.

Bee Amazed

Mason bees
visit up to
flowers a day
400 Mason bees
do the work of
honey bees
One Mason bee
block can hold
bees per acre
to pollinate their