One type of native bee commonly found in the Seattle area is Osmia Lignaria. It is also known as the blue orchard bee (BOB), or orchard mason bee. Native bees have always been in our midst even when we didn’t know it. Your yard may already be hosting them. You can become a conscious bee farmer with the support we offer at Rent Mason Bees.
Maybe you’ve heard, “The pollination crisis is upon us. Honey bees are not doing well.” It’s a fact. Did you know that you can improve the plight of the pollinators by using your own back yard? We encourage you to consider the ways to ease the crisis and help your own garden.
We started with our own garden and now have bees to share. We built bee house kits for local gardeners who are looking for an alternative to buying, storing and caring for these wonderful pollinators during the off-season. If you are looking for a way to benefit from the pollination work these little guys offer, and really want to limit your time and investment, consider renting. We’ve made it easy, ecomonical, plus, you’ll get the support of the Queen Bee.
Why Rent Orchard Mason Bees? Benefits include:
- Guarantee that your garden and fruit trees will be pollinated.
- No need to shop for bees, nesting box, and protective house. Bees come with a complete kit. No extra purchases required.
- Enjoy the easiest pet you’ll ever have. No grooming, feeding, or pet sitter needed and no clean up.
- Simply hang the bee house in your yard, garden, orchard, or field.
- You harvest the crop they pollinate in your yard.
- At the end of the season, we store the bees over the winter for you.
Are you a local gardener or farmer located in the Puget Sound area?
Visit the Product and Services page to learn more about the kits we offer.
The reservation window is open!
It’s time to reserve your kit before they are all gone! Add your name to the
reservation list. New and previous customers need to reserve a kit if they want to rent our kits again. We have a limited supply. Visit the Product and Services page to see current prices and kit descriptions.